Submissions for poetry, flash fiction, and prose are currently closed for Death Rattle 2018.
If you are looking to submit to our partner lit journal OROBORO, click here!
PLEASE NOTE: This submission is for the intent of live readings at the 2018 Death Rattle Writers Festival held on the first weekend in October in Downtown Nampa, ID. The writer must be available for those dates to be considered. Unpublished and published work are both accepted for this event. Please allow up to one month for us to read and reply to your submission.
Additionally, if/when you receive your letter of acceptance to read at the fest, please send us a prompt reply confirming with us that you are indeed available to attend the festival and will be present to read live in the slot you are scheduled in.
Do you want to participate/vend at the 2O17 Death Rattle Book Fair?
Let us know when you submit if you would like space at the book fair to sell your books, chapbooks, or zines! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Please include a 100-word Bio statement along with your submission
- Prose (includes essays, flash fiction, short stories, non fiction etc.) submissions should be double-spaced and not exceed 800 words. On the first page of your manuscript, please include your name, word count and whether your piece is fiction or non-fiction.
- Poetry submissions are limited to 6 poems. On the first page, please include your Name. When submitting through our online submission manager, please put all poems into the same document. Please use .doc, .docx, or .txt, please do NOT use .pdf.
- Flash Fiction submissions are 5OO words or less, on this years theme NOIR.
- Please label your submission LASTNAME.SUBMISSIONGENRE i.e. poetry, prose, flash fiction.