ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE ANNUAL
DEATH RATTLE WRITERS FEST 2018
As always, Death Rattle is striving to create programming that reflects and invites an inspiring and atmospheric outlet for local artists and marginalized communities fostering an accessible, diverse, and experimental literary scene in our community. In 2018, we are excited to be able to bring artists and writers into the Treasure Valley to be featured alongside our strong and diversely talented group of authors creating and performing here locally.
Submissions to read poetry, flash fiction, and prose live at
Death Rattle Writers Fest 2018 are currently OPEN!
Poetry and Prose submissions will close September 7th.
Flash Fiction submissions close September 15th.
We here at Death Rattle have seen in our community how much you all have grown in your work and performances and creativity, and we want as an organization to grow with you. So, this year's programming will be structured a little differently than in the past -- featuring quarterly spotlight readings with touring and local poets and authors as a part of our OROBORO readings series. This reading and workshop series will work in tandem with the launch of our lit journal of the same name, OROBORO. All of this culminates in the festival you know and love, taking place over two days in October 2018. Death Rattle’s ambitious plan for this year’s programming and publishing endeavours is for everything to work symbiotically with each other - workshops to support publication themes, the contests and the year-long reading series, and into the annual festival itself- much like the cycle of the ouroboros.
To attend our OROBORO reading series, receive updates on submission periods, read exciting new content from the OROBORO journal and the Death Rattle Review, please explore our website and follow us on social media. We look forward to better serving readers and writers in our community this coming year.
- Jan 14, 2018 Death Rattle Reading Series 2k18 ~ Winter with Franklin K. R. Cline and Sierra-Nicole Qualles Jan 14, 2018
- Jan 20, 2018 Oroboros Submissions Open Jan 20, 2018
- Feb 9, 2018 The Spill: Duel Feb 9, 2018
- Mar 20, 2018 Obroboro Submissions Closed Mar 20, 2018
- Mar 22, 2018 Storyfort Presents - The Odyssey VS Death Rattle: A Ballet Mar 22, 2018
- Mar 25, 2018 Storyfort & DRWF Present Local's only Poetry & Mimosa Zone Mar 25, 2018
- Apr 13, 2018 Ghosts & Projectors. a poetry speakeasy. Apr 13, 2018
- May 2018
- July 2018
- Aug 17, 2018 Oracles & Oathbreakers: a fantasy flash fiction workshoppe Aug 17, 2018
- Sep 7, 2018 Festival Poetry and Prose Submissions CLOSED Sep 7, 2018
- Sep 8, 2018 Things Zine and Unzine: a zinesmithing workshop Sep 8, 2018
- Sep 11, 2018 Pre Spill: At the Lake: a storytelling workshop Sep 11, 2018
- Sep 14, 2018 The Spill: At the Lake Sep 14, 2018
- Sep 15, 2018 Festival Flash Fiction Submissions Closed Sep 15, 2018
- October 2018